Welcome to the South Pasadena Middle School (SPMS) PTA Website. The SPMS PTA is a partnership between our dedicated parents, teachers, administration, and staff. We all work together to enrich our children’s education and school experiences, and to unite our community. We do this inclusively, by having conversations, developing programs, activities, raising funds to implement these plans.
Your involvement, no matter how big or small, is not only invited and welcome, but also necessary!
Happy New Year!
January is Mindful and Wellness Month throughout SPUSD.
- Free screening of the documentary “May I Be Happy” Friday, January 25 at SPMS. RSVP HERE.
- Mindful Parenting tips and techniques with Laurie Cousins at MHS, Wednesday, January 23 in the Multipurpose Room. Flyer HERE.
- Community Chat — SPHS, Monday, January 28, 7:00, Library with SPPS and SPUSD’s Resource Officer. Info HERE.
Thank you for shopping on Amazon for gifts and goods, and using the SPMS PTA/Amazon link:
The following are upcoming scheduled General Assembly meetings for the 2018-19 school year:
- Wednesday, March 6, 7 – 8:00 p.m., SPMS Library –Superintendent Dr. Yantz will present construction plans for the Old Gym Rehabilitation and members will vote for the 2019-2020 Executive Board
- Wednesday, May 29, 7 – 8:00 p.m., SPMS Library
Upcoming events — please come!
- Musical Information Meeting — Tuesday, January 15, 7:00-8:00 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- Principal Chat — Friday, January 18, 8:15 a.m. in the Cafeteria.
- Documentary series continues: “May I Be Happy“ with SPEF support, Friday, January 25, 2019, 7:00 p.m. Discussion afterward with Dr. Trujillo and Christine Chin. RSVP HERE.
- Fathers’ Follies — Friday, March 1, 2019 *Volunteers needed! Contact us.
- Spring Musical — Spring, 2019
- PTA Picnic & Open House — May 22, 2019
Questions or suggestions? Please contact PTA President Emily Cline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the PTA meetings and events throughout the coming year!